Thursday, March 12, 2009

The Big Easy

Most of you are aware that we are relocating to New Orleans in June. Phillips starts his Gastroenterology fellowship at LSU on July 1st. So this past Saturday we headed down South to look for housing, daycare, jobs, etc... We stopped in Natchez on the way down to break up the trip. It was a wonderful getting to stay with grandparents BB and Grande Jenkins. Then we traveled to the Big Easy on Sunday. It was a busy and stressful trip, but we got alot accomplished. We took Isabel with us (Saturday-Wednesday) and Mia and Bops Holland came Monday and Tuesday to help out. I had five job interviews and Phillips was focused on finding us a house. I think we found several great possibilities in Old Metairie. I hope I found a job; and day care is still a working progress. It kind of depends where I work, but we found this amazing lady that watches babies in her home. We visited with her for an hour and she was great. Isabel took to her right away. I really hope that this works out for us. Needless to say, we needed to take this trip and are headed in the right direction to move. It won't be long and we'll be in New Orleans!!! Stay tuned for more details on the move.

No comments: