We had a ball in New Orleans this year for Mardi Gras. Isabel is the Mardi Gras queen. We started watching parades 2 weekends before Mardi Gras. Phillips and I attended the Hermes ball the Thursday before Fat Tuesday. Isabel and I watched daddy ride in the Hermes parade on Friday (Uncle Beau and Matt came to help out for the night parade. We took a rest on Saturday (parades canceled and moved due to rain/weather). We went strong ALL day on Sunday watching 3 parades in a row (and Mia came to play). Phillips and I took just Isabel on Monday night and left Caroline with Mia to watch 2 more night parades. Here are just some of the pics....I have to collect more from I-phones and Mia's camera.
Isabel loved the ladder this year and would sit up there for hours at a time. When a float came by she demanded to whoever stood behind her (usually daddy)..."Hurry put your hands up!" Then she proceeded to scream over and over again...THROW ME SOMETHING MISTER." It was priceless to see how happy and consumed she was. Now we are left with about 2 tons of beads and 100 light up toys and stuffed animals. And one hoarse little 3 year old!








No comments:
Post a Comment