Weight: 15 lbs 5 oz.
Height: 24 1/2 inches
Head Circumference: 41 cm
Reaction to Shots: Heartbreaking
We had a good well baby appointment today and will see Dr. Phillippi one more time before leaving for New Orleans. Isabel can now start baby food. So my plan is to begin with cereal on the spoon and then start adding baby food. Any suggestions as to what to open first...veggies or fruits?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Laurel - if Isabel's head really measures 41 inches, you've got WAY bigger problems than deciding on what baby food to start with!!!! (I can't stop giggling at the thought of that - especially since her head is so petite!)
My vote: veggies. although we don't have taste issues....only texture issues. Good luck. Love, M<><
I did veggies first and only veggies for a while.. fruits are super sweet - I was worried that she would only like to eat them and not the veggies... but whatever works for you is best
I always started with cereal for breakfast and a veggie at dinner time. I usually begin with squash or carrots. After about two weeks I started serving a fruit with the cereal. I wasn't real strict with not introducing fruits first and both my kiddos ate everything. Also, remember if she spits it out just keep trying. It took Bella a good 2 to 3 weeks of practice before she was a pro.
I started with single grain rice cereal and mixed with breast milk, but heating it up is a pain- so we do formula now. I also started him with pears and sweet fruits, but it made the transition into fruits and veggies more difficult- he will only eat real people green beans, and he's NEVER liked peas. So, he's pretty much like every kid that exists. I love you!
I started with veggies as well. Carrots are a really good choice. Sweet Potatoes are good, but can make them gassy. Landry never really liked the taste of cereal alone so I had to add fruit puree to it. It just didn't add too much. Other than that, every new food I introduced to her, she ate just fine. She is now more picky since she turned 1.
Post a Comment