Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween 2013

Halloween 2013
Natchez Trace Neighborhood

We decided to dress in a Bee theme this year after Isabel picked out her and Caroline's costume a a local costume store.  I am quite sure that we won't be in theme forever....but while we can I took the liberty again of making Phillips' and my costume.  For the hive, I was able to piece together insulation tubing and then wrapped it with tan felt and tied each layer together with twine. For the catcher, I spray painted a straw hat white and attached black tulle netting around.  I also hand made each little bee flying around with pom poms and pipe cleaner and hot glued them all over both to both of our costumes.  It was so fun to make and it turned out really really precious.  Underneath Momma's hive is a 6 month pregnant belly with the littlest bee inside.

The night was predicted to storm so we started out early. We headed down to the Jeansonne's house around 5:00pm to meet up with friends and have a little pot luck dinner.  By 5:30 the storm started to roll in.  We were able to trick or treat to about 5 houses before the down poor began.  We ended the night completely soaked!  

All that work......for this picture!!!!!


Instagram picture of our Bee Family
Daddy: The Catcher
Mommy: The Hive
Girls: The Bees







No comments: