Thursday, February 28, 2013

Life Lately....


Since January....life lately seems to be breezing by like the blink of an eye.  I am SUPER busy with both kids and my documentation and picture taking have been put on the back burner.  I have an overwhelming sense of guilt because I have not posted in 2 months.  I have been definetly enjoying and soaking in every moment with the family but have somehow failed to capture the moments...either because it is not convenient to bring/get out the camera or I just get caught up and forget.  

We have been consumed with LIFE....work, school, dance on Thursdays, catching up with neighbors and friends on the Northshore that we have neglected since football season/holidays, working on taxes, 2 times with my vehicle in the shop, figuring out where to send Isabel to school, catching up on doctor appointments, and lots of unexpected illness one person after another.

Caroline had her first ear infection in February accompanied with Rosiola (a fever for 3 days followed by rash), Isabel has had 2 ear infections in February.....may getting 3rd set of tubes.  One ear infection caused high fevers throughout an entire weekend and the other infection was accompanied with headaches and vomitting.  Phillips and I have been busy with our crazy busy schedules along with our own set of viral infections that will NOT go away:)

Phillips is doing great with work and getting busier each week.  I find myself caught up in our minute to minute schedule of morning routine, work/school, grocery runs (that I never seem to get everything I need), cooking dinner, playing with girls, disciplining girls (really just Isabel), bathing, and bedtime routine.  There is not enough time in the day. 

Isabel lately....has been learning and soaking in numbers, letters, and sounds.  She is BIG into rhyming words!! I have been trying to implement a homework routine of our own...where she completes one worksheet a day.  Hopefully this will cut down on the tv time and encourage her about homework.  She is sooooo funny and asks a million questions about everything.  She is soooo in to Jesus right now and craves stories.  She had a great 4 year old check up and is growing like a weed.  She also was such a big girl at the dentist and had a super check up there as well.  She is soooo helpful and cleans up after herself every day.  She has even surprised me this month with MAKING HER BED ALL BY HERSELF.  We are working on dressing and undressing herself and learning how to buckle herself in her booster seat. She enjoys bike riding, coloring and making cards, playing chase with Caroline, watching Curious Georgs, and dancing.

Caroline lately....is eating almost ALL table foods.  She is such a great eater!  She is always smiling..except for her week of feeling sick:(  She is running all over the place now. I bought her first set of keds!  She is saying....MAMA, DADA, Uh Oh, ByeBye, and NO NO!  She loves to hide....under furniture! She is growing attatched to her blanket.  She is still taking a bottle of whole milk in the morning and at night.  She had a super visit at the dentist and has 13 teeth.  She is a great sleeper and takes 1 sometimes 2 naps a day.  She LOVES and adores Isabel....and at the same time already knows how to aggrevate her.  She enjoys riding in the car, going for walks, watching Barney, listening to music/dancing, and mama holding her every chance she can get!!

SO....there you have it.  Life lately is BUSY!!!  I will try my best to take more pictures in MARCH.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad y'all are doing well. The girls are precious! I hope we can see you all soon.

Kate Dawson said...

So glad for the catch-up. I want Puerto Rico pics when you get back!