Monday, August 13, 2012

Seven Years

August 13, 2012 marks our 7th year anniversary.  It honestly feels like yesterday in a lot of ways.  We have had a wonderful seven years filled with lots of accomplishments, growth, and so much love.  We are going to celebrate just the two of us on August 25-26th in New Orleans.  It will be our first night away from baby Caroline, and a much needed getaway!

I have to document this fun little story.  Our anniversary fell on a Monday this year.  I had just gotten home from work and planned on cooking Phillips dinner.  I took both girls to Winn Dixie and shopped for our well planned meal.  Toward the end of the trip Isabel had asked for some fresh flowers for her room (no kidding, she loves flowers)!  So I agreed and made a stop in the flower department to buy her some daisies for being such a big girl in the store.  I was eyeing the orchids and thought....well that might be something nice to get for our anniversary.  I can give them to "US" for our house.  I picked out what I thought was the perfect orchid and went along to check out.  We made it all the way out to car and as I was almost done unloading I turned to see Phillips walking out of Winn Dixie.....with you guessed it.....the SAME orchid.  I yelled his name across the parking lot and as he got closer with a huge smile he said, "Happy Anniversary."  I reached in my trunk and pulled out the same flower and said, "Happy Anniversary."  We all laughed (including Isabel) and Phillips told me that the flower lady said there were only 2 like that in the shipment.  How ironic?  So 7 years later....I think we know each other well:)  Oh and we took the best one home!

No comments: