I can think of no other gift as GREAT as a child. Isabel has been such a blessing in our lives and I am so excited to announce that we are 13 weeks PREGNANT with another blessing! Phillips and I had decided to wait to announce the news until we were a little more certain of Gods plan for us, and after 2 doctors appointments and hearing our baby's heartbeat at 150 bpm we feel the time as come to celebrate.
So, we are officially ending our first trimester....which has not been a piece of cake for me. Those of you that know me, I am ONE of those that endure morning sickness. So far with this prenancy, the nausea has lasted ALL day (worse at morning and worse at night). I also have felt extremely tired sleeping for 1-3 hours most afternoons before even picking up Isabel from school.....how terrible is that. Most food makes me sick but my life also depends on it...forcing small meals all day long to prevent from worse nausea. It is the weirdest relationship I can describe. The smell of left overs in the refridgerator make my stomach turn. Isabel now mimicks me throwing up in the morning and asks me almost everyday..."You tummy hurt right now?" I have cooked probably 3 times in 3 months and all I can think about is sleep. I have offically neglected my family; BUT am happy to say that the good days are starting to outweigh the bad ones.
This week I think I am turning the corner....feeling a little more energy and actually enjoying SOME food again. This week our little baby is the size of a peach. My offical due date is January 5th....here we come holiday baby # 2. And the most shocking news of all is.......
WE ARE NOT FINDING OUT THE SEX OF THE BABY!!!!
I know that some of you are dying right now. But we are very relaxed about this and think that it will be so special to stretch out God's surprise. I leave you with this news as I open the door for lots more posts of our growing family. And yes I hope to post more frequently now that I am feeling better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So exciting! You will LOVE not finding out the sex. Clinton talked me in to finding out with Cole (but I didn't want to), then we found out with Hayden, finally I put my foot down with harrison and told Clinton he could find out but I did not want to know. Neither of us found out and it was SOOOO exciting. After we did it Clinton said we shouldn't have found out with any of them! I tried to tell him :)! So glad you are starting to feel better - we will be praying for a healthy baby. Love you all!
Congrats! So very excited for you guys!!
Congrats Laurel! I am so happy for you and Phillips! A growing little family :) I think keeping it a surprise will be so fun! Hope you feel better soon! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts!
I'm with you sister- the gender is one of the last surprises left, ya know. We haven't found out for any of ours and the moment is amazing. PRaying for an uneventful pregnancy.
Congratulations, Laurel! That is the most wonderful news. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers that you start to feel better soon. When I read how you've been feeling, I wanted to copy and paste that in my notes about how my first trimester went (I didn't write about it at all because I was nauseous all day long). At 14 weeks, I began to turn a corner, thank goodness, and I hope you are doing that right now. Congratulations again! What an exciting and beautiful time. : ) (ps--found your blog through Lauren Garrity's)
yay!! laurel!! I'm right behind you at 11 weeks and I can sympathize with the nausea! mine has been horrible also! congrats and i hope the second trimester gets much much better for the both of us!
Post a Comment