Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Time Out


I have been really struggling with deciplinary actions for Isabel. I don't have many rules at this young age as I encourage her to explore her independence, but to name a few...no hitting, no throwing food (on purpose), and no excessive whining/temper tantrums. Most of the time she is delightful and full of energy. But sometimes her head strong personality heads her to the corner. She knows where our time-out spot is, but I'm not convinced that she thinks its all that bad. She craves attention so much that she will do something that she knows is wrong just for me to say..."GO GET IN TIME OUT!" and then for her to say, "I SAWEE MOMMA". Nonetheless, I have started with 1 minute time-outs to give her some space to calm down, let her cry it out, carry-on like a wild woman, and learn that she does not ALWAYS get her way.


Here is a pic to make all you MEAN mommas smile!


No comments: