Wednesday, July 21, 2010

18 month stats


We went to the doctor today for Isabel's 18 month check up and SHOTS....the real deal. She had one in each arm....OUCH! The doctor and I had to hold her down...and yes she was screaming. But then it was over and really way more into stickers than the pain in her arms. She checked out great measuring in the 90% for height 32.8 inches and 75% for weight. She actually lost a pound from last time weighing in at 26.6 pounds.

Everyday with Isabel gets more and more amazing. She is doing all sort of new things and talking up a storm. She is starting to repeat things and putting two and three words together. Here is a small list of some of my new favorites.

"Hay Babee" Hey Baby
"Hay Dadee" Hey Daddy
"Hay Momma" Hey Momma
"Upp peas" Up Please
"I da do" I love you
"Iwaago Baanee" I wanna go Barney
"Iwaago bye bye" I wanna go byebye
"Iwaago poooool" I wanna go pool
"Iwaago pottee" I wanna go potty
"aaeerpay" Airplane
"ook shooews" Look shoes
"Dank do" Thank you
"Awe duh" All done
"Peas" Please
SHHHHH (with one finger over her mouth)
"eezus" Jesus
"aaawwmin" Amen

She has figured out going to the refrigerator and looking for food. She LOVES baby dolls and plays mommy with them (feeding, loving, rocking). She LOVES Barney (don't ask me how)...following in close second place with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. We don't let her watch too much TV...but occasionally before bed and while I am cooking dinner. She is still an amazing sleeper and sometimes sleeps in on the weekends til 9 am. She HATES brushing her hair and brushing her teeth....it is a real struggle. She points to everything in curiosity and repeats or tries to repeat almost everything. She knows most of the extended family names when asked who is this..pointing to picture. She LOVES her stuffed animal cat and it goes EVERYWHERE. She is initiating potty training by telling me that she has to make a poopooo. She tee teed on the potty by accident the other day. She LOVES bananas and yogurt. She can now say NO...outloud....before it was just a shake of the head. She can identify: hair, eyes, nose, ears, chin, cheeks, tummy, back, bottom, legs, knees, feet, toes, hands, fingers, elbows, belly button....and we are working on heart. She is ticklish all over and loves to play piggies wit her toes. She is timid at first then warms up just a little....as long as mommy is around...she only wants mommy's attention. She gets her feeling hurt very easily. She pouts by frowning with her eyes...it is the cutest thing. She went under water for the first time the other day! She has 12 teeth. She loves the song "If your happy and you know it" She LOVES shoes of all sorts and wants to switch constantly. And last but not least...she loves to give sugar...with real kisses and hugs!!!

1 1/2 is wonderful and challenging all at the same time...but as you can see from above the great outways the bad by a long shot!

No comments: